Friday 19 March 2010

Critical Investigation – Personalised Plan

Targets –

1.

As a starter, I have missed out writing a quote at the beginning of the essay, underlining what the essay could possibly be about until the examiner reads the title of the critical investigation. In order for me to get the best possible marks, I need to apply to all rules and make sure that I specifically put a quote before the title. Alongside that, within the first page, I need to include plenty more quotations from books as there is not enough, which again can make me loose marks.


2.

Secondly, where I have shown information on research, I need to be including more specific examples backing up my research, whilst fully explaining each point made and relate back to media theories and other main key concepts that preferably covers the news media.

3.

Thirdly, I have shown plenty of detail on stereotypes, generally stereotypes of teenagers and they way the media portrays them, although to make improvements to that I need to show more direct links also covering theorist for gender and ethnicity, and possibly more audience theories.


4.
Again, relating back to my lack of research, the amount of footnotes I have included is not enough. Therefore one of my targets is to collect more books where I should be able to find more quotes using more than 10 books. This will also improve the looks of my bibliography where I will have a bigger list of research done and show the examiner that the research has been taken seriously. Moreover, whilst including more books for my research, I will also including even more website links showing that I have also completed more research online.



Improvements – Next Steps


1.

One of the things bringing my grade down is the lack of research; therefore for my next step I need to show clearly that I have done extra research where I will make it clear showing proof on the amount of footnotes included and the bibliography. To gain this research, my aim to visit the school library and pick up as many books relevant to my study and do the job of picking out the best quotations from a book and include it in my essay. Another place where I will also be able to find some good books would be the school Media Suite.


2.

I will also find some time where I can get more than one person to go through my essay, someone who knows plenty about A2 media studies, and receive an opinion from them or possibly some advice. By doing this, it will only boost my chances of making my essay better and give me a chance to see other people’s views to my critical investigation.


3.

Bibliography – Although the formatting of my bibliography was okay, 2 things I missed out was that I had not put each reference into alphabetical order and I had not done the division of the ‘works consulted’ list and the ‘works sited’ list. This is something that I defiantly need to undercover.

No comments:

Post a Comment